In this world of ever-changing technology, there is no doubt that ski jackets will keep on improving year after year. In the coming years, it’s a safe bet to say that skiing, in general, will become even more popular, and with that, the demand for better ski jackets will increase as well.
Picking the perfect ski jacket on your first attempt is not easy. Luckily, one of our team members has been skiing for close to 30 years, with 15 of those years being competitive ski racing in Norway, one of the coldest countries on earth. That means we know a thing or two about ski jackets.
This article will discuss North Face ski jackets for women. Klapstar has chosen this brand because they are trendy but at the same time challenging to differentiate.
Without further ado, here are the best North Face ski jackets of 2022:
- For Alpine Skiing: The North Face Women’s Clementine Triclimate Jacket
- For Snowboarding: The North Face Women’s Tanager Ski Jacket
Table of Contents
- The Best Women’s North Face Ski Jackets For Alpine Skiing
- The Best Women’s North Face Ski Jackets For Snowboarding
- North Face Ski Jacket Types For Women And Their Main Features
- Waterproofing in North Face Jackets
- Breathability in North Face Jackets
- North Face Ski Jacket Colors and Styles
- Why Women Should Buy North Face Ski Jackets
Read also: Heated Camping Chairs.
The Best Women’s North Face Ski Jackets For Alpine Skiing
The North Face Women’s Clementine Triclimate Jacket
- Best for: Alpine Skiing, Outdoors Activities
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 9 x 4 inches; 2 Ounces
- Item model number: NF0A4R1UGANXS
- Date First Available: June 17, 2020
- Manufacturer: The North Face
- ASIN: B08BDL3VZD
- What we like: Lightweight, clean design, waterproof, flexible, excellent fitting, feminine.
- What we don’t like: Unfit on the coldest days, a little short.
When you buy a North Face jacket, you can rest assured you’ll support an American manufacturer. This is also true for the Women’s Clementine Triclimate Jacket. What we really like about this jacket is the sleek and lightweight design. It comes in both white and black, has a waterproof and breathable DryVent membrane, and is very flexible – perfect for skiing.
The only downside is that it might not be warm enough on the coldest days. The jacket length might also be a bit too short for some. Nonetheless, the North Face Women’s Clementine Triclimate Jacket is an excellent choice for alpine skiing or other outdoor activities.
The Best Women’s North Face Ski Jackets For Snowboarding
The North Face Women’s Tanager Ski Jacket
- Product Dimensions: 7.48 x 5.51 x 1.08 inches; 1.59 Pounds
- Date First Available: June 21, 2021
- Manufacturer: The North Face
- ASIN: B097NJT761ASIN: B097NJT761
- What we like: Waterproof, breathable, good fit, stylish, comes in different colors.
- What we don’t like: A bit too tight and short on the coldest days
Snowboard jackets are different from classic ski jackets. They are designed to provide more freedom of movement and often have a wider fit. The North Face Women’s Tanager Ski Jacket is one of our favorite snowboard jackets for women.
The North Face Women’s Tanager Ski Jacket is perfect for snowboarding. It is made with waterproof and breathable DryVent 2L fabric, has a roomy standard fit, and comes in different colors – perfect for women who want to look stylish on the slopes.
On the downside, this jacket might not be warm enough on the coldest days. Additionally, a bit of a stretch would have been nice as it feels a bit too tight and short regardless; if you want to look good while snowboarding or skiing, the North Face Women’s Tanager Ski Jacket is an excellent choice.
North Face Ski Jacket Types For Women And Their Main Features
On the whole, North Face ski jackets for women are trendy due to the quality of their products and wide range. There are many different types available – from ultra-lightweight jackets that will keep you dry when it’s raining to heavier winter coats with a hood designed for frigid days. Below is a list of most types of North Face ski jackets and their main features:
- Waterproof Ski Jacket – This type of jacket is waterproof and very warm. The best ones for skiing will be both breathable and waterproof so you won’t get wet from your sweat and will always be warm.
- Fully Taped Construction Ski Jacket – Jackets are 100% waterproof and fully taped with this technology. They overlap seams and use strong sealers to make them completely waterproof and windproof.
- Ski Jacket with PrimaLoft Insulation – These jackets provide warmth without the bulkiness of down coats. The best ones will feature at least one pocket lining made of PrimaLoft insulation, which will keep your hands and feet warm on the coldest days.
- Ski Jacket with Hood – A hood is a must-have for skiing, as it will protect you from the wind and snow. Be sure to choose a hood jacket that fits well and won’t fly off in high winds.
Read also: Action Camera Flashlight.
Waterproofing in North Face Jackets
North Face jacket waterproofing is also known as DryVent technology (with the water-repelling treatment applied on fabrics before they are sewn together). This type of membrane is very similar to Gore-Tex, invented by the well-known company W.L. Gore & Associates in 1969. Both technologies are made up of two layers – an inner layer that allows water vapor to escape (thus keeping you dry) and an outer layer that prevents water from entering.
To ensure their products are of the best quality, North Face continually tests their waterproofing technologies in their lab. They placed a jacket in a chamber in one test and filled it with water until the fabric was completely submerged. They then measured the amount of water that could escape from the jacket over 24 hours. The result? Less than one percent of water penetrated the fabric, making North Face jackets some of the most waterproof on the market.
Breathability in North Face Jackets
One of the problems with many waterproof jackets is that they don’t breathe well. When you wear a ski jacket while skiing or snowboarding, it can get boiling and sweaty inside the jacket. If the fabric doesn’t allow moisture to escape from your body, a phenomenon called “back-sweating” occurs – water enters from the outside. Still, it never leaves from the inside, leading to a cold, wet and uncomfortable jacket.
North Face has included DryVent technology in many of its jackets to combat this problem. This allows moisture to escape the fabric, keeping you dry and comfortable even on the hottest days. One study found that the DryVent technology could evacuate up to 26 times more moisture than standard waterproof fabric.
North Face Ski Jacket Colors and Styles
Like other popular North Face products, the company produces jackets in various colors, styles and fits to suit their customers’ needs. Most women’s jackets come in bright colors such as red, blue, and pink, while men’s jackets are available in classic colors like black, grey, and blue.
Women’s Ski Jackets
Most women’s ski jackets are one-piece suits with a fitted waist (similar to the Columbia Bugaboo jacket). Some women wear an additional shell or down vest underneath their ski jacket for added warmth.
Men’s Ski Jackets
Most men’s ski jackets are two-piece garments with a removable insulated down or synthetic vest. They are available in a standard slim fit, relaxed fit, and extra-large sizes.
Why Women Should Buy North Face Ski Jackets
Most North Face jackets are made with DryVent technology, meaning they’re waterproof and breathable while keeping you dry on the inside. They also offer a wide selection of bright colors flattering on women’s bodies. Finally, they are reasonably priced – the most expensive North Face ski jacket costs just over $400, making them one of the most affordable brands on the market.